In April 2013, the Department for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport announced new funding of £150 million to support the delivery of PE and school sport. Funding was allocated to all state-maintained secondary, primary, middle and special schools (including non-maintained special schools), academies and pupil referral units with primary aged pupils.
Brettenham Sports Premium
At Brettenham we value PE and school sport very highly. We are using our Sports Premium to achieve self-sustained improvement in the quality of PE and sport in our school. With the allocation of the Sports premium, it is expected that schools will see an improvement against the following 5 key indicators:
- the engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – kick-starting healthy active lifestyles
- the profile of PE and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement
- increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- increased participation in competitive sport
We are currently awaiting confirmation of our funding for 2022-23.
In 2021-22, we received £19,400 of funding for our Sports Premium. Click on the link below to see the impact report of our sports premium funding