1. To develop physical competence to excel in a wide range or physical activities, including competitive sports.
2. To develop an increasing ability to select, link and apply skills, tactics and compositional ideas
3. To improve observation skills and the ability to describe and make simple judgements on their own and others work, and to use their observations and judgements to improve performance.
4. For pupils to be active for sustained periods of time and to develop an understanding of the positive effects of the exercise on the body.
5. To develop the ability to work independently and respond positively towards others.
6. To promote an understanding of safe practice and develop a sense of responsibility towards their own and others’ safety and well-being.