Classes for September 2020
In September, your new class will be 3L.
Please see their class website page from the morning of Monday 13th July and watch the video to find out who your new teacher will be.
Welcome to Blue Class, Year 2!
Your class teachers are Mrs Sandhu and Miss Doyle
This year we are focusing on Kindness. We are extremely kind to each other in Blue Class and we will be celebrating this throughout the week. Please see some activities below that you can do to put a smile on somebody's face
1) Choose a friend in the class and write them an email on 2Email explaining why you like them and what is special about them
2) Try and compliment somebody in your house at least once a day
3) Write a kindness poem on PurpleMash
4) Read books about kindness. Try listening to 'The kindness quilt' and 'Have you filled a bucket today?' on youtube.
5) Do something everyday that will make somebody smile. Maybe you can help with chores at home without being asked or making your parents breakfast in bed
Link helpful for children with SEND/ ASD
Please use the link below to access some fantastic interactive resources for your child. Digital skills are based on key thinking skills like being able to spot a problem or figure out why something happens. These resources touch on elements of the computing curriculum and highlight the skills children need to become digital citizens Enjoy, have fun and stay safe!
If anybody has completed their Science shoebox projects can you please email pictures to the class email address firstname.lastname@example.org I would love to see what you have created and post it on our website for all to see
Well done Kamaya I was very impressed with your home learning on purple mash particularly your Samuel Pepys diary about the Great Fire of London!! Very well deserved
Well done Petros!! You really have impressed me with the amount of home learning you are doing on Purple Mash. Keep up the good work!!!
Hope you have had a good first week adjusting to life at home! This page will be updated weekly with ideas and suggestions on what you can be doing at home. Also if you have found any good websites please feel free to email the class page so I can share your ideas and suggestions with everybody.
Scholastic have put together a range of free home learning packs. If you go on their website you can download these completely for free!
Please find below an attached link for audible books. Children should be reading every night or at least listening to a story. These are also free at the moment so make the most of it. Hope you have a good second week
The Blue Class team
Due to school closure, we have created a bank of resources for you and your child to access over the period of time they are at home.
All home learning will be completed via Purple Mash- Please use link below to access the Brettenham page.
Please check the website daily for updated tasks that are set within the '2do' folder. Complete each task in the allocated time. If you are unable to access your account or you would like to ask us a general question please email the class email address at: email@example.com and we will get back to you as soon as possible
Teachers will be able to check and give feedback to pupils about their work. Children will also be able to communicate with teachers via the programme '2email' within purple mash.
Purplemash tasks will be updated weekly so please check the website frequently. Please feel free to complete tasks that are not on the '2do' list aswell.
Aswell as using purplemash please find below useful websites that you can use throughout the period of the school closure:
1) Hit the Button- Good timestables and number bond practice. Focus on 2x 3x 5x and 10x tables
2) Grand Prix Multiplication- Arcademics. Good Multiplication practice.
3) Twinkl have a range of free resources that can be accessed if you sign up via your email
6) BBC bitesize- Google BBC bitesize KS1 then click on the subject that is relevant to you
7) If you have access to a printer satspapers.org have lots of good free SATs papers that can be downloaded and printed
8) www.tts-group.co.uk Fantastic Free workbooks available for you to print off
10) Topmarks have some fantastic interactive games available for children to play on their smart phone or laptop
11) Busy Things
13) www.spellingframe.co.uk (Choose the Year 2 group)
Good websites for Phonics
Great 'keeping active' website links
The NHS website have some great 10 minute workouts for the kids- Type NHS Kids 10 minute workouts into google
Joe Wicks 5 minute workouts- Type this into Youtube
Youtube- Cosmic Yoga
Thank you for all your co-operation during this unsettling time.
More importantly please keep yourselves safe and well
All the best
Blue Class team
PE lessons are every Monday and Friday. Your child will need shorts, a polo top and plimsoles or black trainers.
Reading books are changed weekly, every WEDNESDAY. Can you please ensure your child's book bag is in school every day.
Weekly homework is given out every Friday and returned by the following Wednesday.
Spellings are sent home every Monday. Please practice these with your child every day.
A spelling assessment is done every Friday.
Thank you for your on-going support!
We had an unexpected visitor drop into our classroom over the weekend...
They left a few of their belongings behind. Can you guess who it might be?
During Black History week we learned about Mary Seacole.
Her life and work inspired us to write some poems about kindness.