- Add up to 2 digit and 2 digit numbers
- Ensure knowledge of 2 digit + 1 digit counting on from a given number.
- Adding 3 single digit numbers by counting on and using knowledge of number bonds.
- Having a secure knowledge of number bonds to 10, 20 and 100 (in multiples of 10)
- Counting on from a given number using knowledge of number bonds where appropriate (2 digit + 1 digit)
- Using a range of manipulatives to show an understanding of 2 digit numbers (including partitioning into tens and ones e.g. 37 = 30 + 7 which is the same as 3 tens and 7 ones
- Using knowledge of place value to add a 2 digit number and tens using manipulatives and building onto mental strategies.
- Using knowledge of partitioning to add 2 digit add 2 digit numbers